Home > Librarianship > MA Librarian Tweetup: 1st Poll Results

MA Librarian Tweetup: 1st Poll Results

Hi fellow Massachusetts twitter librarians!  The results from the first polls are in!  *drum-roll*

Where

Winning by a strong margin with 12 votes: Boston!

Runners-up: 4 votes–Worcester, 2 votes–Northampton, 1 vote–Haverhill

When

Winning by a very narrow margin with 5 votes: August 16-29 Weekday!

Runners-up: 4 votes–September 13-30 Weekday, 4 votes–September 16-29 Weekend

I think deciding on a tweetup location would be of great help in choosing an exact date.  Suggestions so far have included a bar, a coffeeshop, NELINET’s site, somewhere at Simmons GSLIS, etc…  Please comment on this post with suggestions, either general type or venue or someplace specific.  If there’s an obvious concensus among the comments, then we won’t run another poll, but if there isn’t, we will.  Suggestions always welcome!

1. geekylibrarian
    July 29, 2009 at 8:26 am

I like the NELINET offer, but they’re not really Boston and I think we need something with food for this.

I think a Monday or Friday for this would be best as a compromise with the people who voted for a weekend. I know I’d have to take a day off to make it (probably the best use for a vacation day all year considering I usually use them to catch up on housework), and it’d be nice to get a 3 day weekend out of it.

And for what it’s worth the 24th and 27th are bad for me. The 21st and especially the 28th would be excellent.

2. July 29, 2009 at 8:37 am

Jeremy–I definitely am leaning towards someplace we could drink. Idk about the rest of you, but that tends to help with breaking the ice, imho. Plus Boston has some really cute Irish pubs. I really like the idea of a Monday or a Friday to compromise with weekend folk!

3. calzone
    July 29, 2009 at 8:43 am

How many people have expressed interest? Because the group size will definitely play a factor in where we can comfortably meet up.

4. July 29, 2009 at 8:51 am

Calzone–Good question! My bad for forgetting to include…..18 people voted on the poll. I’m thinking we should follow the party rule of if 20 are invited, 15 will show. So, about the size of a small class.

5. geekylibrarian
    July 29, 2009 at 9:18 am

Might be jumping the gun a bit, but I once organized a dinner for about that size at Christopher’s in Somerville. They have good food, a decent beer list, and is pretty easy to get to (across the street from the Porter T-Stop).

6. July 29, 2009 at 9:24 am

I’ll toss up the suggestion of Porter Belly’s Pub in Brighton. They have an extensive list of regular burgers and veggie burgers to pick from and are chill.

Also, any of the Boston Beer Works locations would probably be lots of fun.